Sunday, November 30, 2008

Music Review: Eliz Watanabe @ Confessions


Second Life Live Music Review
Written by Enniv Zarf
Metaverse Music
Eliz Wantanabe
Confessions

Ok, I promised I'd review someone who sings, and what do you know, I find the post by a friend of mine, a long time friend. So this really isn't going to be a real review. It's a little hard to review your friend without any bias. They are your friend, and there's only so much objectivity I can actually have.

Anyways Eliz Watanabe is a singer who does only cover songs as she doesn't write any song on her own. I don't know though whether or not she sings outside of Second Life as she doesn't have any website or anything about her work in general.

I will be honest Eliz is a good singer, but I think she knows that if you are looking for the next American Idol, that's not her (but then how many of us really are). But she's still great to listen to. She's got a sweet speaking and singing voice. And I think one can have a great afternoon of fun with her singing some of great hits, which is a really rare find in Second Life. Most singers do originals and when they do cover songs they just aren't good at all.

Eliz is good with all her cover since it is her thing and hey she's on pitch so what more can I ask for after hearing so many singers who couldn't even song in tune!

You can look up from her big song list which I was actually having a hard time getting, SL was being very mean to me. Well the list isn't actually that big, but it does have a good range of choices from Lorrie Morgan to Norah Jones to Natalie Cole and even Selena and a few others. It's a good list of choices and she does sing them all very well.

And I think that's the most important thing for a cover artist singer. Deliver them in tune, well sang and I'll be happy. I don't need anything fancy, anything crazy. Most importantly, pick songs that you can sing well. I don't need a gigantic list of hundreds of songs when you can't sing half of them in tune. Do what Eliz do, work on a smaller list of songs and deliver them well sung and then add more and more songs to it as you go along!

Alright I don't wanna talk too much about Eliz since again it's hard to be objective about a friend either way. I'll just leave it as that Eliz is a pleasant singer to listen to, and if you like a female cover artist then why not give Eliz a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment