Friday, November 28, 2008

Review: TB Andel @ The Gaslight

Written by Enniv Zarf
Metaverse Music
Second Life Live Music
TB Andel Website

TB is definitely a complete change of pace from everything else that I heard today and in Second Life.

TB according to his profile is a musician in RL playing here in SL from Portugal. His style is much more world music sounding but with definite some pop influences in accompaniment and such.

TB plays the Ukulele with very world feel in his music. Today's set is his own Portuguese folk songs which I really know nothing about to begin with despite having had one whole year of world music. But still how much music could I have learned and how much more music is there really in this world.

From top to bottom, the entire hour, yes, I stayed the whole hour, was well played. I stayed the whole hour mostly because I was having RL dinner and just left the music on. That and that TB is actually good. He really is a professional musicians. There are no real issues with his performance the entire way through. There are no weird things going on and bad playing or singing. He did sing too, all folks stuff, in his baritone register which was just great in his voice.

TB's music is really very enjoyable and definitely a great alternative to the already saturated market of rock music that is everywhere in SL. To top it off TB is actually a good musician with something good to offer. It's just so sad to see that so many people would rather sit through a mediocre rock/pop music then to really sit down at somethign unique and wonderful that really will not be available anywhere else this easily without Second Life.

So I really do encourage that everyone take some time off from their normal concert schedule and attend a different concert for a change, and TB Andel is definitely something worth taking a tp over and donate a few lindens to support something worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment