Friday, November 28, 2008

Review: Nick99 Razor @ CLose to the Edge


Written by Enniv Zarf
Second Life Live Music
Close to the Edge

This is not going to be a long review since I just left Cylindrian and came over to Nick. I guess after hearing such a treat, anything less just won't cut it.

Nick99 is a guitarist and singer, though there's not much I can find about him in his profile. Most musicians have a Myspace or something about their music to look up. But not Nick. He's among those musicians with no RL info provided and I always wonder about those and what they are really about.

Well Nick plays a nice guitar and it's fun rock music to hear. But like most other SL musicians, the problem is the voice. Though Nick isn't awful, but there are the occasional issue with his sustained notes where he has this bizarre vibrato kind of deal with it that just sends chill down my spine!

But his voice does have this sort of Dave Matthew's sound which is unique to listen to. It is however a little muddled and mainly just that shakiness in his voice that really is off setting for me. His choice or music is also interesting, has a folksy quality to it. I'm really not sure how to exactly describe it. I'll learn....I'm learning.

Well I'm not going to stay too much longer. I would say if you happen to have time and see a posting for Nick99 Razor, by all means check it out. It's not great, but it's still semi enjoyable as long as you didn't just come off from Cylindrian's concert!

No comments:

Post a Comment