
Written by Enniv Zarf
Metaverse Music
Second Life Live Music
Katia Keres Website
Giacamo's SLURL
After going to so many concerts the last two days, I finally found a singer that I could actually say is actually a real singer, and not an instrumentalist who decided to sing also. Now although there isn't anything wrong with adding singer to being an instrumentalist, but too many actually can't even sing in tune and that's a major problem. But Katia Keres doesn't have any of these problems.
Katia has got a great voice both singing and speaking. She sings all the requests with relative ease and beautifully. She has a pure and rich tone in her voice that is lovely and very pleasant to the ears. Her voice comes through the screen and my computer monitors (and I use M-Audio BX5a studio monitors to listen) beautifully and elegantly. Wow, I never thought I would say that about a Second Life singer!
Katia sings exclusively cover songs with karaoke accompaniment for her entire set of music and draws a quite impressive number, over 40 at one point. The who set are just great fun to listen to with her beautiful voice.
The only problem I had was with cracking in the microphone, and I think that is probably an issue with the audio interface not being able to handle some of the high volume sections of her singing as she's got a pretty strong and powerful voice when she really goes for it.
Katia does create a very lovely environment for couples to dance and enjoy for anyone's club, and even if you are single, you just may be asked out for a dance while listening to her intoxicating voice. It may even make you a little drunk without even touching a drop of alcohol.
With some Latin roots, Katia has a beautiful accent in her speaking voice. I'm just a sucker for a sweet Latin accent. And she also sings in Spanish and even though I only know like two words in Spanish, I enjoyed thoroughly her singing even if I had no idea what she's singing!
So if you are ever looking for a great singer in Second Life, I would say Katia would be among my top choices of singers around and definitely someone to take your date to and spend a good time at! Just make sure you get there early and hop on a pose ball before it gets too laggy with too many people.
I agree totally. Met Katia first time today. Definitely not last time :-D
ReplyDeleteOne of the most beautiful voices in Second Life
ReplyDeleteand deserved, undoubtedly, the Stream Scene Awards
for Best Pop Artist
Mars Holden
October 22, 2009