
Second Life Live Music Review
Written by Enniv Zarf
Metaverse Music
Pmann Sands
Catcher in the Pie Cafe SLURL
Alright, so here's an actual real review of someone whom I am not friends with or anything, so I can be a little more objective. I'm thinking maybe it's time to start writing here with a pseudo name and then I can start really ripping people apart! But I won't, I'm honest and I will stand by what I say.
Well it's actually good stuff here. Pmann Sands got some good sounds to him and he has good originals here today at the Catcher stage. Today is actually a special concert for The World AIDS Day. It's actually very common for a lot of venues to be supporting some sort of charity or cause with concert series and stuff. I am playing later on in December to support the cause of Human Rights too, so we all do it.
Back to Pmann, who is a real life musician according to his own profile. He is the main songwriter for the project "Saint Eves" and is full time in the music industry and it does come across as such.
Pmann's songs are very well written for sure, and they are definitely fantastic rock tunes performed unplugged with him and his guitar. Apparently he is playing today's concert with 4 different guitars. I only wish I can play a concert with 4 different pianos! One day!!! One day I'll have 4 Steinways in my house!!!! Yeah right!
Pmann's singing is also good, but not his strengths for sure. His guitar playing is definitely much more solid then his singing. But still it's quite good though and definitely enjoyable to listen to. The quality of his voice is just great. And he is just very musical. He actually takes his time and enjoy the music. So many musicians in SL just rush through everything, and I wonder where they are all in a hurry to get to. I mean they are at home most likely when they are performing, where are they off to now!!!
But Pmann takes his time, and enjoys his music which then comes across to be something I can sit here and enjoy. And his chit chat in between songs are just as fun too!!! He cracks me up here sitting at home and that is very important. It's almost like listening to a rock star in his living room, a little more mellow, but still pretty quirky. And the way he tells a story is definitely very musician like.
It's very easy to tell when someone really have had a lot of Real Life performance experience and how in control of things they are. Pmann is totally in control of the performance, and he just goes with it. He doesn't rush through anything. He just is and he just performs and takes his time doing it. Even though his singing isn't perfect, the rest of the package works so well that it's just a good old time hanging with what feels like a real rock musician on a quiet day at his home rocking away with everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment