
Second Life Live Music Review
Written by Enniv Zarf (RL: Paul Kwo)
Metaverse Music
Ayden Kruh
Romantica Yacht Club
5 stars out of 5 stars
If a newbie decides to check out the live music scene in Second Life to see what it's all about and ends up at Mike00 Carnell, the guy I just reviewed a few minutes ago they may not want to go back to another concert again in Second Life. But if they end up at Ayden Kruh's concert just a few minutes later here at Romantica Yacht Club, they may end up loving live music in Second Life. Though they may end up disappointed again later if they end up at some other singer's concerts. But at least they know talents, real talents do in fact exist inside Second Life.
Ayden sings both covers and originals. But I'm finding out more and more that a lot of singers in Second Life sings more covers then they do original at their live shows. I am guessing this is probably because covers draws an audience since people don't really know the original music of the artist. I feel that myself personally since I don't cover. I rarely play anything that's not original. So I have to totally build everything from the ground up. But occasionally I will do something that's cover to draw some more people and then introduce them to my originals. Which I think is the way to go. Get them in with some great renditions of covers and then they stick around to hear your originals.
But I am definitely planning on doing feature articles on great originals. I decided I am only going to present great originals here. There is just not enough time review everything. With musicians, only at this first round will I review everyone, or almost everyone. But after that I will definitely focus my attention to the great performers here and give them the attention they deserve.
And Ayden deserves attention for sure. He's got an amazing...
...voice and his vocal techniques is just so strong. He absolutely has a brilliant voice that's rich and thick and really carries through. His guitar playing is also superb and right on alongside his voice. His singing definitely has a huge soul type influence in the way he embellish the vocal lines and it's fantastic. It really has been a while since I heard a male singer here in Second Life with a solid voice, strong and present. I have heard a few female singers with that type of voice like Blue4u Nowicka and jaynine Scarborough.
He is just wonderful to listen to and does all the covers he did justice. I wish he will get the opportunity to sing his originals and get his original music out and heard. I took a very quick brief listen to parts of them and they are pretty solid songs. I am guessing that he was hired today to perform for some special occasion and they requested all covers. Maybe. But still if I was Ayden and if that's the case, make a deal with anyone who hires him that he can present some originals throughout the hour here and there rather then just one after 40 minutes of singing covers. Chances are they will take it for a voice like his. He's really one of the best I have heard so far here. But if there's no real restriction, I say he should push his originals more to the public and get them to fall in love with them.
Now his originals which I am certain I will get to presenting in the future is described by him as folk americana influenced with neo-soul vocal melodies. Sounds fantastic and sounds like my cup of tea. I'm a huge sucker for Americana. His original song "Save my life" really does have a charming quality in the music and he adds little touches in the harmonies to give it a little boost. I wanted to find the recording of it on his myspace but it's not there. So if you want to hear it you'll have to go to his concert and ask him about it. It really is a good song and with proper production, it could really be a great song. It has a hook and it is simple to get into. I think it's definitely a song Ayden can push at all his concert to get it really into people head until they start demanding it and want to buy it!
The venue Romantica Yacht Club is worth a little mentioning too. It is a very beautiful venue and well decorated. It has an elegant feel to it and does convey a message of romance and serenity. I think Ayden's sound does fit nicely in this atmosphere, outdoor and open and relaxing.
Ayden is just a fantastic talent with a great voice. I am guessing he isn't so interested in using Second Life as a platform for him as an artist since his real life identity is nowhere to be found. But if all he wants to perform in Second Life, that's great for us here. I can certainly get used to hearing more and more of him. So if you ever see the posting for Ayden Kruh, be sure to hurry in and listen. He's really got a fantastic voice, awesome guitar chops and just an all around good act to watch and enjoy. After all, he is the first guy I have given a 5 stars out of 5. Though if I went back to my older posts and added stars, there's a couple I would've given 5's to too!
No comments:
Post a Comment