
Second Life Original Music
Written by Enniv Zarf (RL: Paul Kwo)
Metaverse Music
Crap Mariner
Clocktower
Tunes in SL Gallery Press Release - also available after the jump.
Alright, I finally found a way to get the discussion of original music in Second Life outside the live music scene going. I was debating a lot of different things. But who and where do we even start with.
Well I found my answer today and I thought it's a great way to introduce everyone to the world of Second Life Original Music. Though I know for many of you there is no need for an introduction. But this is still a great thing for everyone to know.
I met Crap Mariner a few weeks ago when he posted a notice about calling for Second Life Musicians with original music. So I talked to him about my album Rebirth. It was then that I found out about his project about showcasing original music in Second Life. Rest assured that he is the one that I'll be going to in order to get some more info about original music in Second Life and who to bring here and showcase to everyone!
Crap runs a venue called the Clocktower which is a fantastic build and I hope to, well plan to review someone there sometimes eventually. I want to go everywhere in Second Life and see everything. So this will also become a great place to discover new places too eh! Well at the top of the Clocktower he has rezzed out the CD albums of various artists from all around Second Life. All these albums are available on iTunes for purchase and he links them all to them. It's a wonderful place really to discover new music and you can be sure I'll be visiting often to find new original music to review. I just have to figure out how I'm going to pay for all those CD's. (HINT: Musicians if you really want me to review and present your album, drop me a promotional copy and I will definitely get to reviewing it for sure.)
So I wanted to support this effort which actually goes perfectly with what I'm doing so it's all good. I love it when it works out and things just come together. It feels like it is meant to be and what it is when it just flows.
Well take a look at the press release after the jump...
==========
ORIGINAL POSTS FROM iReport with permission from Crap Mariner.
I am Laurence Simon, known in Second Life as Crap Mariner.
I wanted to share with you a project that I have been working on called the Tunes inSL Gallery.
I really like the live music scene here in Second Life. All around the clock, there's always someone performing, and so many different styles of music - folk, rock, country, classical, jazz.
If you're opening a new island or planning an event, the odds are you're going to have a live musician there to help promote it.
They are my friends, I respect them deeply, and I wanted to come up with a way to give something back.
Last year, I received an iTunes gift card. I'm not easy to shop for - kind of hard to imagine, right?
Well, I didn't want any new music out there - I wanted music from Second Life musicians.
So, I posted on my site a call for links to Second Life musicians on iTunes, and that's what I bought.
Others did so too, and it got me to thinking. Why not create a catalog of all that music for the next holiday season?
Sure enough, I've gotten the word out, and all these performers have agreed to appear in the gallery on Edloe Island. Every album cover is a link to their page in iTunes for listening to clips form their albums, reading reviews, and buying them.
Let those sites do all the grunt work, right?
You get their music, they get the royalties to help pay those holiday bills.
Not only do I have a catalog for iTunes, but also one for Amazon on the region called Selby, run by Hulaboom Voom
There's plenty of room for more performers, and I'm hoping that these places are packed with people using their gift cards to buy music to ring in the new year with.
And if you're not in Second Life, I created a web catalog of the links, too. riaa.isfullofcrap.com
I guess we'll see how well it works. Maybe we'll make this a permanent thing.
This is Laurence Simon, reporting from Edloe Island and Selby.
==========
On a side note:
I just have to say I am really loving what I do here and I just want to keep doing this as long as I can. I just need to get this to generate a little bit of money so I can keep dedicated time to this. It's not going to make me millions, but I just need it to pay a few bills here and there while enjoying it. I wanted to say this so you know why I do take advertising. I am not looking to make bucket loads of money but in case if you didn't notice, this site takes a few hours (3-5) a day to run and keep up.
tyvm /me salutes -ls/cm
ReplyDelete