Tuesday, December 2, 2008

MM Hot List (In Order of Hotness) and Coming Soon to MM!

Second Life Live Music Review
Written by Enniv Zarf
Metaverse Music

Here in Metaverse Music, we have a permanent ongoing Hot List on the side column. This list are the artists that we have recently attended and are still performing in Second Life as far as we know. They are amazing people and should be the people on the top of your list to check out.

We know how many IM's and group notices we all get and how it's near impossible to know anything about those people from those blub. I sure know I can't. I am in like 10+ live music events groups and get 10 IM's an hour along with 15 or more group notices. I wouldn't know who to choose just by looking at those. After all everyone of them says this guy or gal is amazing, come and check him out!!!

So we want to help you here!

We will continue to publish various articles and other easy to look at tools for you to quickly get the names of great musicians, learn something quick about them. Then when you see their notice, tp over and listen in on them live!

The MM Hot List is the first of our tools of helping you sort through the hundreds of musicians on Second Life. Once we get more venues reviewed, which we will, believe me we will, we are already working on those! Watch out venue owners, here we come! I just hope I don't get banned from too many venues after doing that! Thank goodness for Alts!

So yes, we are planning on reviewing venues, as individual venues as well as marathon concerts, music festivals in terms of programing, venue decor, artists they hire and all that what not. Anything to help you make a better decision about who to go to and support and who to avoid!

Remember we are pretty unbiased. I personally only own my own little gallery where usually only I perform. I don't review that, I just let everyone know what I do. I sometimes hire a few people for special holiday parties but that's about it. I am trying to keep myself from being too biased with venues. It helps that I play freestyle piano improv and so far very few places would hire me cause they just don't think about me. They should, but they don't. But I'm not going to worry about that. I'm happy to perform at my own place with my fans and friends coming to my concerts.

I will do a little ad here, my venue is PK Works (SLURL Here). Check out my blog Enniv Zarf Me or EZM page for the next concert announcement.

I do wish everyone well and that they can really enjoy some great music in Second Life. I know so many people have also been turned off because of the really awful musicians here too. So hopefully together if we keep supporting the good ones, we can really get the not so good ones to get their act together or get off the stage. I hope they get their act together though, that's really what I want, not the other way. I'm no Simon Cowell, I'm nice, sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment