
Second Life Live Music Review
Written by Enniv Zarf
Metaverse Music
Mankind Tracer
The Best of SL Boulevard SLURL
Yesterday I went to a benefit concert for Mankind Tracer's mother's heart surgery. So today when I saw the post for Mankind Tracer, I figured I'd check him out to hear the person I donated to.
I got there about half an hour into the concert and there was quite a crowd there. He does have a good following, over 50 people when I got there. And until someone else I heard this morning he actually deserves it!
Mankind Tracer sings and plays the guitar his original rock tunes at The Best of SL Boulevard. He's got both a great speaking and singing voice and he is a good singer. His guitar playing is also excellent and works just well with what he's doing.
On the stage, he actually got some background dancers up there dancing away with him. Though lag and Second Life issues throws them out of sync. But hey, that's SL for ya!
Mankind does a lot of originals and some cover songs, which I think is the best combination. I don't really think most people here want to hear hours and hours of karaoke, but hey I could be wrong.
With my perfect luck though, I jumped into one of his song as he was finishing up and I was pretty impressed by how good he was. But then as he was about to sing his next song which he wrote about his baby before he was born, very sweet, the stream was off and now I'm left standing here just waiting for more so I can keep on the review.
I guess I'll take a little time here to talk about Metaverse Music. Yes I do all my reviews in real time, which is the best part of Second Life. I can literally just write up the review fresh off at the concert as it's happening and let everyone get the latest immediately, who's hot and who's not. Second Life moves fast, at a lightening pace making it extremely hard to keep up with who's who and what's going on. So I really do want to keep everything up here fresh and new every day, even multiple times a day for everyone to do some research on the artists.
Alright back to Mankind, finally the stream worked for me again. The annoyance of Second Life.
Aside from the guitar, he also plays the piano and sings with it. Though immediately off the bat it's clear that the piano isn't his strongest suit. But his voice is fantastic. Now that's a first, someone who sings better then how they play!
Don't get me wrong, he's not bad on the piano, he's just not fantastic. But his voice, it's spot on! It's just so pleasant to the ears to hear what he's singing, even when he's doing a cover. He sang Eagle's Desperado and it's wonderful. He has very very very little to no intonation issues and a exceptional high tenor voice that just beautiful. His rendition of Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah is a wonderful treat.
I guess it's time for me to make a little bit more donations to his cause then. He is definitely worth listening to. He is now for sure among my favorite singer/songwriter. He's got great originals and he's also a fantastic cover artist with his own style. His guitar playing is fantastic and goes great with his singing. Though his piano isn't the greatest but it's fine, he only plays it on the occasion and descent enough for me to still be able to enjoy his singing and adds a nice variation in his concert. So check out Mankind Tracer if the next time you see his notice.
No comments:
Post a Comment