
Second Life Live Music Review
Written by Enniv Zarf
Metaverse Music
Mitch Triellis Website
Belfast Ireland Maritime Club SLURL
Now that's some good stuff!
That was really what I thought about Mitch when I tped in. He is just great, great, no doubt about it, GREAT!
It's been a while since I heard a singer here that's great. Mitch is just great! His singing is near perfect and spot on with all his jazz and rat pack tunes! Absolutely fantastic.
Mitch works in RL in casinos and hotels as a singer in Chile and well it shows. He sounds exactly like that, a really good singer who sings a great rat pack song. I can hear the accent in his voice. It's actually quite neat and cute actually. And the way he introduces a song is just so hotel casino style, you can really tell. He introduced singing with a CD voice in a duet as an invite to a friend to join him on stage to sing.
There really isn't much I can say about Mitch's singing and performance beyond why have I not heard about this guy until now! And why is there so few people listening to him right now? I mean he has a great voice! I am guessing it's because most people don't know who he is yet and haven't heard him before. Well I recommend him for sure to everyone who wants a great singer for the holiday.
He did some great holiday songs as a part of his repertoire. Frosty the snowman and have yourself a marry little Christmas. I am actually contemplating hiring him as a part of the performance for my Holiday Bash. I just wonder would he be working in RL in some casino and hotel. But then that may just make me look awful since I'm planning to sing a few songs myself too. Well he is just great!
But since I am reviewing him I will say the one thing that bothered me was the venue. It just looked atrocious. It was an ugly box that was not fitting of the talent of Mitch. Please there are so many great builders in Second Life, get a good one and build a better venue then a box to support your efforts of supporting SL musicians!
Mitch's selection of music is great. He takes you back to the golden era of Hollywood with all the glamor and lights and colors. It has a really vegas feel to him and his style. So if you are looking to go back to the good old days, to have a good old time with just fun music, solid singing, big band in the back, dancing and a good ol' time, Mich Triellis is a MUST on your list this holiday season and all year long!!!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSure Mitch is great I agree with you on that, but I strongly disagree with you on the point you made about the venue. I know how much effort those guys put into building and running the place on such a slim budget, maybe you can appreciate that instead of criticising their work. I really enjoy the music and the company in the Belfast sim, I have heard great stuff at the Maritime that I haven't heard anywhere else in sl. Surely that is what it is about, the music, not whether the club has parquet flooring and padded seats. If the musician thought it was beneath themselves to play there then they wouldn't do it. There are several jars for donations around the sim so I don't know what you are on about there. So much thought has been put into making Belfast, everything has a connection with rl, that is what makes it unique. You should appreciate that before making hurtful comments. If you enjoy the other venues, the ones packed full of fancy features that create a lag nightmare, then fine you stick to them, but I know what I prefer. I prefer a place where the music comes first and I know that I will always get that at the Maritime.
ReplyDeleteHi enniv
ReplyDeleteI think u have missed the point somewhat with regards to the décor of the Maritime Club.
Like all the other buildings in the Belfast sim it is based on the RL place: The Maritime Club in the basement of the Maritime Hotel, a homeless seaman’s mission in Belfast in the 60s.
Returning from London disillusioned with the mainstream music scene there Van Morrison decided to open a music club in Belfast city centre and the disused basement of the seaman’s mission 100 hundred yards from The City Hall was an affordable option.
The basement was, guess what? A square box.
Along with a few friends Van cleared out years of accumulated rubbish painted the place black and decorated it with classic album covers and they were open for business.
Over the next few years as Van blossomed into the genius he has become internationally recognised as and his first band “Them” became known as Belfast’s answer to the Rolling Stones, The Maritime Club went from strength to strength.
It was the late night place to jam for visiting musicians to Belfast and over the years its tiny, makeshift stage stuck in the corner of the unassuming scruffy “box” played host to jam sessions featuring BB King, Hendrix , George Harrison, Eric Clapton and Ray Davies as well as being a nurturing ground for Irish talent with regulars like Rory Gallagher, Henry McCullough ( Joe Cockers guitarist at Woodstock ), Christy Moore and countless others. It was also the venue of choice for touring bands such as The Kinks, The Pretty Things and The Troggs among others.
To criticise us along the lines you have is like criticising an accurate representation of The Cavern Club , birthplace of The Beatles, for not having a 50 ft moon monster welcoming guests and getting rid of the grotty ceilings in favour of a revolving star map of the milky way or putting it in a Star Trek holodeck, with pole dancers , slinko and earn linden posters all over the place.
In common with a lot of real music clubs in SL like Sailors Cove, Stonehenge and The Hummingbird we have went for a low prim solution to the SL wide prob of lag when there are more than a few people gathered together in one spot, if you want to see fine detail representations of the rest of Belfast have a look around the sim where you can see such sights as the sunken Titanic Ballroom with all handmade textures or the recreated art deco splendour of The Curzon Cinema.
Another point I would like to make is that we follow the ethos of the RL Maritime Club in nurturing talent and have got many musicians started on their SL career including Mitch who played his first SL gig there after we worked with him to get him streaming, as we have done with many other players.
Come along on Sunday 14th Dec at 2pm SLT and review our recreation of Van Morrison’s Astral Weeks album on its 40th anniversary featuring a song each by 8 of SL’s top players and perhaps you will see what we are all about.
http://www.nbmcmedia.com/astralweeks
Stiofainx Rau
Link for details of the Van Morrison Second Life Astral Weeks event in the Maritime Club
ReplyDelete