Second Life Live Music ReviewWritten by Enniv Zarf (RL: Paul Kwo)
Metaverse Music
This week has been a whirlwind for me and that's why this edition is a bit late. I have been caught up with people who are upset with me and what I wrote from all sides of the isle. But I think though soon it will all become less pronounced when people starts to see the bigger picture and realize that this is just a review amongst the many. (Check my From the Editor's series on the right to read up on what I think.)
So I have a little less artists to choose from this week so the super hot list is a tad bit shorter. But these are my absolute favorite from this week. There were others that I enjoyed tremendously too and I'll mention them later. There is also one that isn't about an artist but about a music project that I thought is super hot and worthy of the list!
My Super Hot List - Dec. 12
Damian Carbenell @ D2TK
Ayden Kruh @ Romantica Yacht Club
Thom Dowd & Gorse Ferraris @ Cairo
Crap Mariner's Tunes in SL Gallery Project
Damian has just got a fantastic voice and his show is just wonderful to listen to from top to bottom. He has some great original music that deserves our attention and I will definitely get to those in the future. I only wish he plays them up more during his show.
Ayden also has a brilliant voice doing all the covers he does. He has got some nice originals too. I am just disappointed that not enough people are requesting him to sing his originals instead of constantly asking him to do covers.
Thom Dowd and Gorse Ferraris are just fantastic musicians and presents a totally different point of view of Second Life music that is well deserving of our attention. They are definitely something to enjoy this holiday season as their music is just fitting to get into the spirit of things.
Crap Mariner's Tunes in SL Gallery Project is definitely note worthy in my books as he's an avid lover of Second Life original artists. He decidedly to go and buy albums by Second Life musicians on itunes and also sets up their album covers in his venues to help promote them. I definitely believe this is something that's worthy of our support and embrace and we should all be more encouraging in the advancement of original music. But do not put these musicians in a bubble. Be nice but be honest. Your musicians will love you and appreciate you in the end to keep them in check. If they are so into their own world and refuse to at least hear you out, chances are they are not really worthy of your support. Remember we only intervene with those who we love! We let those who we hate out in the cold to fend for themselves.
There are a few other people I thought worthy of some attention. I thought KevinMThomas has some fantastic original sounds. Though at times it was way too much belting for my own taste but still thought they are worth checking out. Jaggpro McCann had some great music and a good voice to enjoy and listen to from down under. FrankLee Anatra has a pretty solid voice to offer to his crowd too. Dakota7z7 also offers some really good country sounds as an alternative to the other musicians for me this week. I also thought Djaj puts on a fun and engaging show that is very entertaining and full of original material.
Things are really being put into perspective here for me. I am also seeing the who's who of what camp in Second Life music and I am actually very glad that I was in no camp before going into this to be a little more objective then I would be if I was already going to some people's concerts on a consistent basis. It's fascinating to hear about reputations after I actually hear the music. Some are in line with what I heard, some are not quite. The ones that are not has a lot to do with hype and the aftermath of hype overload. I am learning a lot about this as I continue my journey around Second Life Music. And I hope you are all going to continue to ride along with me for this awesome ride for the good and the bad.
>> Dec. 10, 2008
KevinMThomas Carpool @ Red Rock
Jaggpro McCann @ Dolphin's Dream
>> Dec. 9, 2008
Djai Skjellerup @ SL Globe Theatre
Ayden Kruh @ Romantica Yacht Club
Mike00 Carnell @ Italia Vera: Milano Vera
>> Dec. 8, 2008
Dres Forder @ Pixel Hill
Doubledown Tandino @ Pixel Hill
>> Dec. 7, 2008
FrankLee Anatra @ Woodstock
>> Dec. 6, 2008
Strummer Vultee @ BarrioBeat Productions
Dakota7z7 Pluto @ Close to the Edge
Thom Dowd & Gorse Ferraris @ Cairo
Jackdog Snook @ The Warehouse
>> Dec. 5, 2008
Damian Carbenell @ D2TK
Al Hofmann @ Bibi's Beach
Russell Eponym @ Unity
No comments:
Post a Comment